Kris Jenner shares tearful goodbye to Keeping Up with The Kardashians
‘You’re going to make me cry all over again’
Kris Jenner has bid a tearful farewell to the show that propelled her family to stardom.
Jenner, 64, got emotional while opening up about the decision to end Keeping Up with The Kardashians (KUWTK) after 14 years of ups and downs.
Speaking to the show’s executive producer Ryan Seacrest just hours after the news sent shock waves across the entertainment world, she said: “You’re going to make me cry all over again.
“It really hasn’t (sunk in yet).”
The matriarch said she and her daughters were in a state of shock as they tried to come to terms with the announcement.
“I got very, very emotional this morning,” she told his On Air with Ryan Seacrest show.
“I woke up and was in the gym at 5am with Khloé (Kardashian) and Kim (Kardashian West) and we just kind of sat there and looked at each other and said, ‘Whoa, what a ride.’”
When Seacrest – who co-created the series – asked why the family decided to walk away after 20 seasons, Jenner said it was the “right time”.
“I think the number 20 used to sound good until 2020,” she joked.
“But the number 20 just seemed like the right time I think for us to take a minute and breathe and everybody slow down a bit – figure out what our next steps are.
“We’ve had such an amazing run and we’re so grateful … for every single moment and everyone we work with,” she added.
After it first premiered in 2007, KUWTK was frequently targeted by critics, who accused it of being bland.
Fans, however, loyally defended it as a beloved “guilty pleasure”.
fights of all time
It will come to an end after its 20th season in early 2021, Kardashian West revealed in an Instagram post on Tuesday.
Asked which of the family members had been hardest hit by the decision, Jenner said it was daughter Khloé.
“We had to tell the crew yesterday, so we were all crying, but I think Khloé.
“(She) is the one who is taking it the hardest and hasn’t stopped crying.
“It’s been a hard decision – I’m not going to lie. It’s been very emotional,” Jenner said.
In her heartfelt announcement, Kardashian West thanked the E! network which aired the show, as well as Seacrest.
She added: “Without Keeping Up with The Kardashians, I wouldn’t be where I am today. I am so incredibly grateful to everyone who has watched and supported me and my family these past 14 incredible years.
“This show made us who we are and I will be forever in debt to everyone who played a role in shaping our careers and changing our lives forever.
“With Love and Gratitude, Kim.” Kardashian West, who was a little-known socialite when the show launched, is now one of the most famous women on the planet.
The programme originally focused on sisters Kim, Kourtney and Khloé, before widening its scope to include other family members, such as “momager” Kris Jenner, her now-ex-husband Caitlyn Jenner, sisters Kylie and Kendall and Kourtney’s former partner Scott Disick.
Kendall, 24, and Kylie, 23, were children when the programme first hit screens but are now two of the most influential young people in the world.
Other famous faces to feature include Kardashian West’s husband Kanye West, Khloe’s ex-husband Lamar Odom and Rob Kardashian’s ex-fiance Blac Chyna.
Responding to the news, Khloé, 36 and mother to two-year-old daughter True, said: “I am so grateful and thankful to everyone who has supported us and been there through it all.
“I’m too emotional to fully express myself at the moment. My sappy post will come soon. Change is hard but also needed at times. I love you all. Thank you for the memories!”
Kourtney, 41, said she will “gather my thoughts” before speaking.